I want you all to go check out your calendar for a second, kay? Just look at the date.
And then scream your head off and eat ten OREOS in the span of a minute, regret the OREOS, go eat and apple, feel like you ate too much, go sit back down at your computer and finish reading this post.
Everyone seated?
Good.
Yes, it's true. No, your eyes have not been deceiving you. It is the first day of August, people! That means only three or four weeks before school starts. I'm pretty nervous about the new school year, but you know what? Lemme letcha in on an age-old secret here.
When you're introducing yourself to someone, fashion is the best excuse. Just walk up and say, "Omg. I love your shoes." They thank you, you sit down together and in three minutes, you will NOT be that loner at lunch, wishing you had said something five minutes earlier.
Now this doesn't really work for guys, not because they aren't confident and willing to say hi, but because they don't usually care about fashion.
Okay, some guys do care about fashion. The preppy style is very in right now and some guys know and respect that.
But still, could you imagine a guy going up to another and going, "I totally love your boat shoes and blue collared shirt. Want to sit with me?".
Well, maybe they would say that.
What do I know?
But in order for compliments(duh) you must look the part. Nobody's going to say," Wow, I love your plain colored t-shirt and jeans." It isn't going to cut it.
You know how a couple of posts ago I posted the trends for fall?
Well, those were runway trends that you wouldn't get caught dead in outside of, you know, Project Runway or something.
Here are the TEEN trends for fall, which I think will help you more.
Stripes: Yes, people, they are coming back. Whether we like it or not.
Rich color palettes: They are big in the cities, so let's make 'em big in the small towns.
Peplums: The Victorian look is so popular right now.
Moroccan/Anthropologie inspired looks: This is a very specific trend to pull off. Use it well and with care.
And there you have it, folks. The key to success! Now you're all excited about starting school, right? Right? Hello?
Enjoy your last days of summer?
THERE'S the applause I was looking for!
Have a fun & fashionable August!
<3 <3 <3,
Colette









by the way, the striped shirt is a butterfly shirt. i wouldn't wear it if it wasn't.
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeletewhere is the jacket from?
ReplyDeletea thrift store in san fran. there was only one of them. i know you want it, don't you?
Delete